Friday, May 28, 2010

Identities in Christ

Last week at Seacoast we discussed insecurities. Sadly we all have them, but once we know of them we can then know how to attack them. This week came from Acts 26.

1. Understand the Insecurities: What are they? My biggest insecurity that I have lived with has to be failure in others eyes. Am I doing the right thing? Am I doing something that "they" won't like. You have to know what your insecurities are so that you can attack them!

So with that how do you cope?
* avoid the situation
* find the scriptures that will aide in helping you cope
* place your hope, faith, and trust in something that can't be take away

Using the acronym SHAPE, you can see what God has done for you and how you can use those things to overcome your insecurities!
Spiritual Gifts
Heart (passions)
Abilities (talents)
Personality
Experiences

Love this quote: "The purpose God has for me will include ever increasingly challenges so I will remain uncomfortable and I will always be dependant on Him!"

This just tells that us that life there are certain things that will occur in order for us to include Him in the situation. If life isn't uncomfortable then we don't seem to rely on God, not on purpose, it's just how we are sadly wired. Until we change our minds and rely on God!

2. Negative thoughts reprogramm us! Take it captive.
Take a moment and think about what does God say about you?
loved, forgiven, new creation, accepted, chosen, unique, gifted...

3. What God says about you should outweigh what others say!
Take those negative thoughts and replace them with the positive things that God tells us about who we are. He loves us more than we can ever imagine and we need to grasp hold of that!

So what is your insecurity? and how does God tell you that he loves you and how does He outweigh that insecurity?

No comments:

Post a Comment

My photo
About us.. Bo and I hope that you enjoy reading about our journey through our life together. We are so blessed to have each other and can't wait for what the future holds for us. It is us and our sweet pup!