Sunday, September 19, 2010

To be thanked...

Last week I had a meeting with a guardian who was the child's grandparent. Being a teacher I have heard many stories of how people live and what conditions their children are raised in. But in this one meeting with the grandmother "mama" I learned that grandparents are the single parents of today. Not only is this guardian of a child in my room but she is also a "single mother". She is raising 3 grandchildren and is the grandmother of 3 others. Their mother doesn't have the stability to keep them so the grandmother has taken it upon herself to do what she can raise the children into successful little boys and girls. I was amazed at the stories she had to tell me. And now; I wonder how the child even has made it and emotionally survived this long. She is dedicated to making sure that the child gets the best she can. No the child doesn't do her homework and no she doesn't study for tests, and no she doesn't always do her classwork. But the one thing that I know is that the grandmother in her older age is doing all she can and is raising her grandchildren in the best known way. So if you know of someone who is a single mother, or knows a grandmother who is raising a child please tell them thank you! My eyes were opened last week and I just felt that I needed to post a small thank you for them! So to you this post is for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My photo
About us.. Bo and I hope that you enjoy reading about our journey through our life together. We are so blessed to have each other and can't wait for what the future holds for us. It is us and our sweet pup!